*This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we earn a small commission if you make a purchase through links on our site. This is at no additional cost to you.
Percy Jackson is one of my favorite characters of ALL time, and the book series that he is in are some of my favorite books of all time as well.
Rick Riordan has been one busy dude with five different series published, a bunch of standalones, and an imprint through Disney-Hyperion.
With so many Riordan books out there, it makes one wonder…
How many Percy Jackson books are there? There are five books in the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series (soon to be six, coming September 2023) and five books in The Heroes of Olympus series where Percy is once again a main character.
However, I like to think of The Trials of Apollo series, with its five books, as a “Percy Jackson Book” (even though Percy only has a little cameo in it).
This is because it takes place in the same setting and follows many of the characters we met in the previous two series!
There’s also the stand-alone book, The Sun and the Star: A Nico di Angelo Adventure. So in total, sixteen (soon to be seventeen!) books.
How Many Camp Half-Blood Books Are There?
Camp Half-Blood books are books that follow Rick Riordan’s Greek and Roman mythology-based stories: Percy Jackson & the Olympians, The Heroes of Olympus, The Trials of Apollo, and The Sun and the Star: A Nico di Angelo Adventure.
Other books that are Camp Half-Blood books but are not novels in the series are:
- Camp Half-Blood Confidential—This book is a little guide to camp featuring different fan-favorite characters.
- The Demigod Diaries—This book is full of content for PJ fans. There’s interactive games and puzzles, diary entries, and short stories from The Heroes of Olympus and Percy Jackson & the Olympians. Lots of Percabeth and some Luke and Thalia stories, too!
- The Demigod Files—Here, fans can get a book that tells them all about how to be a demigod and how to survive at Camp Half-Blood!
- Percy Jackson Greek Heroes—In this book, Rick Riordan writes stories about Greek heroes from the POV of Percy, informing readers about the ancient myths but with the fun-loving voice that Riordan readers know and love!
- Percy Jackson Greek Gods—Just like Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes, Percy tells the Greek Mythology that the novels are based on with the same tone as the Percy Jackson books.
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Ultimate Guide—This book is super fun! A guide to all the characters and gods from the first series and even includes interactive cards and lots of artwork.
- Camp Jupiter Classified: A Probatio’s Journal: An Official Rick Riordan Companion Book—This book is connected with the Trials of Apollo Series and gives an in-depth guide to life at Camp Jupiter and a mystery for fans to solve while reading!
- Demigods and Magicians—This is a collection of Rick Riordan short stories that connect his Egyptian mythology based series, The Kane Chronicles, with Percy Jackson and Annabeth!
There are also Percy Jackson and the Olympians graphic novels for my graphic novel lovers, or just any ultimate Percy Jackson fans who are out here trying to collect ALL the Percy Jackson books!
So in total, there are 28 books in the Camp Half-Blood world!
Rick Riordan’s Other Mythology-Based Books!
Let’s not stop with only the Greek and Roman mythology books!
Fans of Percy Jackson should also read Rick Riordan’s Norse mythology series, Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard series, and his Egyptian mythology series, The Kane Chronicles.
There are three books in each of these series, and though they are not exactly cross-overs between the Camp Half-Blood books, they all take place in the same world, and there are some light cameos from some PJO characters as well…
What Is The Correct Order Of The Percy Jackson Books?
The best order to read the Percy Jackson/Camp Half-Blood books is in order of publication!
Though you can read any of the series without having read the prior series, the best way to experience the full story is to read in the order they were released.
The stories end at the end of the series, but there is always a cliffhanger or prophecy that leads us right into the story of the next series.
Percy Jackson & the Olympians
- The Lightning Thief
- The Sea of Monsters
- The Titan’s Curse
- The Battle of the Labyrinth
- The Last Olympian
The Heroes of Olympus
- The Lost Hero
- The Son of Neptune
- The Mark of Athena
- The House of Hades
- The Blood of Olympus
The Trials of Apollo
- The Hidden Oracle
- The Dark Prophecy
- The Burning Maze
- The Tyrant’s Tomb
- The Tower of Nero
Then, we have The Sun and the Star (which is a stand-alone!), and finally, Percy Jackson and the Chalice of the Gods!
The release date for Percy Jackson and the Chalice of the Gods is September 26, 2023
If you are a fan of the series or if you’re just now getting into all of Uncle Ricks’ books, leave a comment and let me know which of the 28 Camp Half-Blood books is your fave!
Happy reading <3
Other Articles From PaisleyReads: It’s Not Summer Without You – Summary & Ending